SRB Accreditation & Communique updates

General discussion & common topics (e.g. Rescue)
glennaus

Re: SRB Accreditation & Communique updates

Post by glennaus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:24 am

Pegasus, even Fire and Rescue could not handle 2-3,000 calls by themselves. In regional and rural NSW its more rare for Fire and Rescue to be asked to assist. So here is the thing. We have multi agency arrangements in order to respond as quickly and effectively for the communities we serve.

Our first consideration should be our communities and for the greater part the members of the agencies work exceptionally well together. Sadly from time to time individuals from a Service forget this and conduct themselves in disrespect to the Service they represent. For the most part from my experience you don't carry that disapproval to the Service. To do so does not respect the greater membership and their professionalism.

pegasus

Post by pegasus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:17 am

glennaus maybe we should revisit my original post,............ I said muli-task not combat agency and who said that FR could handle all of the storm and tempest work load ?,... toughen up son. :lol:

[/quote]
FR already have to multi-task having to do Grass/Bush fire, Structure fire, Hazmat, Rescue, storm and tempest, now medical etc, [/quote]

glennaus

Post by glennaus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:29 pm

I am just fine Pegasus. Though I think your comment "they would be lost without the input from FRNSW and NSWRFS" is not founded in fact.

pegasus

Post by pegasus » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:26 am

It's getting a bit tedious, it really is,............. a bit of education for you glennaus I suggest you do a Google search of the 1999 hailstorm that hit Sydney, it took the combined efforts Of the NSW SES, NSWRFS, NSWFB, ACT SES, the Australian army and the Victorian SES to try and gain some semblance of normality................................... :roll:
I'm done

glennaus

Post by glennaus » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:37 am

So for anyone following the post NSW SES responds to hundreds and sometimes thousands of requests for assistance every year. The vast majority of which the do alone. In many cases they like the other services provide support roles to Police Fire and Rescue, RFS etc.

SES calls for support when the volume of jobs exceed an acceptable completion rate expected by the community. To do so does not absent it from its combat role responsibilities but shows that is acknowledges and utilises all of the communities resources that are available. It acts with a multi agency approach and works cohesively with the other agencies when requested.

My point which seems to be lost (I suspect) is that because an agency has a capability does not in itself make it a right to respond to the provision of that service. If that was so, RFS and Fire and Rescue would have a great deal more issues. Operationally, I have absolutely no problem accepting and tasking RFS Swift water techs or Ambulance Rescue techs. I have no problem tasking RFS crews to pump out, chainsaw work etc. I have and will continue to utilise and acknowledge the great work of all of the services when they provide support.

So, in case it has been perceived as such, don't see my comments as service knocking. When the services work together the community are the direct beneficiaries.

pegasus

Post by pegasus » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:27 pm

MVAPT in Snowy mountains this morning
SES unavailable as primary, FR commenced and completed rescue :shock: ,...... you were saying glennaus ?

cadent

Post by cadent » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:31 pm

pegasus wrote:MVAPT in Snowy mountains this morning
SES unavailable as primary, FR commenced and completed rescue :shock: ,...... you were saying glennaus ?
Just give ALL RCR to FRNSW (perm and retained) and where not able to provide coverage out in western NSW..the SES gets the nod.

Get rid of the 1/2 dozen silo agencies with RCR capability providing service on a patch mentality.

Police, the couple of Ambo units, VRA and coastal and central/country NSW SES units..give it up for god's sake.

pegasus

Post by pegasus » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:41 pm

You probably remember the dramas Cadent, when PRS had to relinquish rescue due to unavailability at Cooma some time ago, they,.... and SES voted against FR getting it, PRS probably hoping to get back,.... well its a good thing FRNSW were granted secondary at least, allowed them to perform that rescue yesterday,................... and to stand by for SES Cooma who are off line from 9.00 until 1500 hrs today :(

please note glennaus :lol:

rp62

Post by rp62 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:07 pm

Many would be surprised how many times a week FRNSW provide rescue coverage for the primary provider in country areas of NSW each week,because that unit is unavailable due to staffing issues.At least they still have them as secondary rescue in those areas. :oI suppose it is hard to keep some keen if most attend less than 20 rescue calls a year.

glennaus

Post by glennaus » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:38 pm

cadent - and other services don't go off line? Really?

Again I am not service knocking so cant see why you want to single SES out. Giving it all to Fire and Rescue as primary does not worry me in the least. As long as primary and secondary units work cohesively I could not care one bit either way.