The new order commences

Ambulance, First Aid etc
Moon

Re: The new order commences

Post by Moon » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Seb, not talking about the 'warring factions'. Sentiments in Stirs and Caves last post seem to be prevalent with the ambos i talk to from time to time. Put a whole bunch of pissed off firies and ambos together - not a pleasent thought for a pollie or inpet management.

Seb

Post by Seb » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:36 pm

To be seriously honest Moon, Paramedics could probably care less who they amalgamate with.

The fact of the matter remains that the majority of issues that are perceived to exist are found on this site and this site alone and are promoted by Stirrer and that should speak for itself.... an ex Comms operator who isn't really in touch with how things really are for those at the coal-face and Cave who is happiest when he's winding things up or inflaming things :lol:

The turnover in the AS is that high, that in two to three years no one will remember the "troubles" except Stirrer and Cave when it suits them to flog that particular dead horse.

There's no reason why amalgamation couldn't work, there's no reason why people can't continue to make good after the past, crumbs I have, I get on well enough with firefighters everyday at jobs, and if I can there is no reason why others can't.

There is no reason 'cept the desire to hold onto bitterness why the firefighters can't extend a hand of friendship towards the AS either, if an amalgamation were to happen. I suspect that there is only a handful of diehards that bear malice towards us and vice versa. Move on I say, I have.

But you'll get those that disagree, those that want to maintain control, those who advocate that their service must have the ultimate say and be in charge, you'll never get rid of them, they're here and in our respective employment as well.

Sure if we let the naysayers have their way we'll still be here in ten years having the discussion of "when is the patient rescued" and who can call rescue off.... good heavens I hope not though.
By performance

johnboy

Post by johnboy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Maybe its just me, but I few paramendics I do know would hate if they were told they are now part of FRNSW, even if they were still doing the same job.

It's a bit like that get rid of VRA and they can join SES... "No Way". They would resign from the whole lot before changing to orange!

pegasus

Post by pegasus » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:24 pm

Johnboy not sure of the for and against numbers but a few of the Paramedics that I know are for it including one SOT officer (read ex rescue), in fact they have bought it up with me.

What ever might or might not happen Paramedics would remain Paramedics,with no loss of rank no loss of public peception or approval...........change of uniform,?... hardly important but at worst one blue for another ;)
Last edited by pegasus on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnboy

Post by johnboy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:20 am

No, I am not for or against... just expressing others that are in the ambos point of view.
This is the NSW Government, they will cut what they want anyway.

Seb

Post by Seb » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:50 am

Exactly Johnboy....

The government will do what they want as long as it's politically palatable. They're certainly not perturbed by the statements of Stirrer, the flaming of Cave or the protests of me.

Their bottom line consists of... will we lose too many votes? will the public believe the spin that goes with the change? and can we save money on something?

Increased efficiency is another unmeasurable spin topic which will be thrown into the mix as well.

At the end of the day, most Paramedics would get on with doing what they do, and require little supervision by management , simply because we work in pairs or singles and not teams of four. Wether Paramedics like any proposed or possible change is really not relevant, wether they'd continue to be employed is the real point. If it doesn't happen for the next 5 years or so, I think that the majority of Paramedics would accept it.
By performance

johnboy

Post by johnboy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:11 am

pegasus wrote:Johnboy not sure of the for and against numbers but a few of the Paramedics that I know are for it including one SOT officer (read ex rescue), in fact they have bought it with me.
To answer the question as a public servant: "I am on the winning side"
(from Yes Prime Minister)

guaranteedresponse

Post by guaranteedresponse » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:10 am

johnboy wrote:Maybe its just me, but I few paramendics I do know would hate if they were told they are now part of FRNSW, even if they were still doing the same job.

It's a bit like that get rid of VRA and they can join SES... "No Way". They would resign from the whole lot before changing to orange!
And there in lies the difference between volunteers and most professional career staff!! Professional Career staff often have no option but to do whatever is best for themselves long term. It isn't a hobby, it's their career and they get paid to do their job well.

Personally I don't think merging the services will fix any problems ( the hospitals are where the problem lies), but in my career I have never come across any firie's that don't hold Paramedics in the absolute highest regard, and in the hundreds of ambos I have worked with nearly all have shown utmost respect towards firies in return (the 2 or 3 that didn't would have been under a lot of career stress at the time).

Moon

Post by Moon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:59 am

Thing is SEB, from what we see, the only thing they care about is control and saving money. They just don't care if it doesn't work that well. The idea is to keep us throwing rocks at each other ... god forbid you have some combined FR - RFS - ASNSW monster start throwing its weight around!

A meger could make a lot of sense. I say 'could' because its a very broad concept. But, having a larger closely integrated organisation say, one thats incorporated a workforce with a longer industrial memory and a militant union, probably is'nt so inviting to politician.

And as far as the rescue thing goes, things are so bad training wise at FR ... we sort of got rescue, you sorta of lost it and we kind of both ended up worse off. If we aren't there now, we are pretty close to the 'start again' point. The 'debate' has moved on in the real world. The issue is, and probably always has been, rescue is a cost and 'they' just don't want to pay. And as shamed as i am to say it, i'm coming to the conclusion we were all played :oops:

Seb

Post by Seb » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:58 pm

And on that very point Moon and I'm not gloating here (some will decree I am) but the latest story going round was that one of the senior FR guys put his hand up at a meeting (perhaps TAP) and stated for the record that long term there is not the will or the way to keep standards or training re vertical rescue within FRNSW.

IF that particular rumour is true, then some might start pointing at what was the point of handing things over when FR has effectively withdrawn from SW and now possibly this.

I personally am not getting any hopes up, (I wouldn't be interested in going back to Rescue even just for a vertical component, i'm more than happy with what i'm doing now) and i'm not suggesting that the information is anymore than what I have heard (a rumour) but it makes for interesting discussions when I have heard the same rumour from FR people at joint incidents.

It does make a mockery (IF TRUE) of the phrase used by the Commissioner... a seemless transfer.

And just for the record (no one is using the phrase "we're back") This post has to be taken in the context of the previous post by Moon.

Lastly, Yes you may well be right Moon, maybe we were all taken for a ride.
By performance